Sunday, February 19, 2006

Bumps and Bruises

It's been exciting to watch Tyson discover new things. As his motor skills are developing I can't help but get a smile on my face. This last week he's had his 5 1/2 month older cousin to show him some new tricks. Tyson has become a shadow at times around Braden trying to crawl as fast as him or walk around the coffee table.

I'm sure some of you may know or can figure out that when when you're a skateboarder or BMX rider you have to fall a few times to learn how to get full balance and control of what you're doing. My cousins were heavily into BMX riding for years. One of them even ended up going pro for a couple years. Many times I saw them with some of the nastiest scrapes and bruises for some falls they had been taking. As time went by I saw less and less. Sure it's a hard game to play without getting hurt, but practice and knowledge sure does help.

I think today was one of those days with the scrapes and bruises for Tyson. It started out this morning as we were getting ready for church. He was standing in the doorway of the sliding closet door when his uneasy legs led him to fall into the edge of the metal on the door. BOOM I heard then a nice loud cry. Right away we saw upon his forehead Tyson's first knot. The fun didn't stop there though. In the afternoon and evening he spent lots of time playing with Braden. They would stand up with the help of the coffee table and and take small steps around. Braden decided to get extra close and push Tyson over knocking him down on the edge of the table. Then later, all on Tyson's own, he fell once again into the table and against the leg of the couch. Needless to say Tyson's head will do some healing tonight.


As a Father it hurts to see my baby hurt, but I know he will do better. He will get stronger and will gain his balance. He will grow up and learn from mistakes plus learn better ways of doing things. I have a feeling my perfect Father up above has many of these same feelings with me. He sees me fall up against my head but knows I'll learn from the bumps and bruises. The awesome thing is, when we fall that Love is there to reach down and help us up.

No comments: