Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Taking One For The Team

Money has been a little more than tight since we arrived here in OKC, so I've been trying to work. I started off working maintenance at school, but they could only give me 8 hours a week. After some time I realized that I would have to bite the bullet and do something I vowed to never do. There is a fine eating establishment that goes by the name of Chick-fil-a. I've always loved there food (especially there ice cream) and enjoyed the environment of restaurant. So now I find myself breaking my rule to work in fast food. Not exactly what I had in mind, but they provide more hours and I'm guaranteed Sundays off. Please pray for me as I struggle with being there. I need some strength to make it in the long run. Pray for my co-workers as they seem to be struggling with many things as well.

3 comments:

Tim said...

So if we come there you can hook us up?

Guess who I saw on the news reports for American Idol auditions in Seattle...

Tommy Daniels

He was on TV twice. Once for the initial auditions, they listed his name as "Tommy" and then at the callbacks they said his name and interviewed him.

Adam Wolfgang said...

sounds like Jesus needs some help changing lives at the local Chic-fil-a! I know you may not be enjoying your new job, but it sounds exciting to me. Lots of good soil in fastfood!

Colette said...

Oh, I love those chicken sandwiches! I'm really proud of you Luke, for taking up your cross to do what you need to do to follow Him. And I'm sure your presence there will not go unused. I'm praying for you guys.