Thursday, August 02, 2007

On The Road

Yesterday we left on our "big trip." Starting at 5:45am (Central Time) we started heading west on I-40 and kept on going. Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and then into California. We finished our traveling day at 7:45pm (Pacific Time) and we were so proud of how well Tyson did. There were a couple of "moments" of meltdown, but for a 2 year old boy who had a fever, he did so well. Day 2 (today) was only California. We left Needles, CA at 7:45am and arrived at Santa Rosa, CA about 5:45pm. Day 2 wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the dumb drivers. Saturday is my friend Peter Wilson's wedding so we get to enjoy some time here in Cali with some great friends. A reunion of East County CofC family. Sunday we will leave for Portland and be there for about 1 1/2 weeks. I have a feeling that this trip will make it hard to go back to Oklahoma. I forgot how much I missed the mountains. Here are a couple of pics from the border of Arizona and California.

1 comment:

Ike Graul said...

Oh man, I can't wait to see you guys. I bet Tyson is HUGE now! Be safe and have a great time.